Statement of Faith
There are ten doctrinal statements that together form the UESI Statement of Faith.
They are evangelical, interdenominational, historical and scriptural in nature and are as follows:
- The unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The Sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
- The divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture (by which we understand the 66 books of the Bible), as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering man subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death (as our Representative and Substitute) of Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God.
- The resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
- The necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit to make the death of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance towards God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The only holy universal Church, which is the Body of Christ, and to which all believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.